Recently moved

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
lindaharrisflint

Recently moved

Post by lindaharrisflint »

I have recently moved from DE to UT. My husband is still in DE getting house ready to sell. How do I sign in to my new ward when our "household" still is connected to DE?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Recently moved

Post by russellhltn »

The directory you see is wherever your membership records are, not where your "household" is. if your membership record is moved to your current ward, then you'll see the directory and calendar of the new ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

You can have your clerk just move your records to your new ward so you can access the information. The whole family doesn't have to move together. Just make sure you tell the clerk to only get you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You didn't indicate how long you'd be split up. Overall, I think it would be best if you go ahead and retrieve just your record. A few things to consider:
  • Your old ward will no longer be "on the hook" to Visit Teach you.
  • Your new ward can start Visit Teaching you.
  • You will be released from any calling in your old ward
  • You can receive a calling from your new ward.
  • The two of you may appear to be single in the directory. The church membership records will still have the correct status, but by showing up by yourself, you appear to be single. I say "may" because sometimes the system will show the spouse even though there's no record in the ward. Usually this is for non-member spouses. I'm not sure how it handles member spouses in separate wards.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”