nonmembers

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
allenfg

nonmembers

Postby allenfg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:20 am

is there any way that non-members who attend several times a month can somehow be acknowledged on the records so their name shows up on the rolls, so they aren't forgotten when the teachers look at the rolls for planning events?

Also for a divorced parent who bring his child every other week, but the record is in the other ward? These kind of kids get forgotten when planning the primary programs, reminders, special invites, etc.

I know when i was little, kids away to college were pink slipped so they were shown was members but away.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: nonmembers

Postby jdlessley » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:15 am

allenfg wrote:is there any way that non-members who attend several times a month can somehow be acknowledged on the records so their name shows up on the rolls, so they aren't forgotten when the teachers look at the rolls for planning events?

Yes, create a nonmember record and manually add them to the class rolls. Remember to get their permission to create the nonmember record.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:09 am

jdlessley wrote:Yes, create a nonmember record and manually add them to the class rolls. Remember to get their permission to create the nonmember record.

But I think that only works for reports/rolls from MLS. It certainly doesn't show in the on-line directory or LDS Tools. I'm not sure about LCR, but I doubt it.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:55 am

russellhltn wrote:But I think that only works for reports/rolls from MLS.

You're right. I keyed on 'rolls' and was only thinking of class rolls. It did not occur to me to look at the forum the thread was in and translate 'roll's into 'directories'.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:09 am

The directory isn't a good place to go for rolls. If the family sets their privacy to "leadership only" the family will disappear to all but the bishopric/clerks.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mfmohlma

Postby mfmohlma » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:45 pm

russellhltn wrote:The directory isn't a good place to go for rolls.

But LCR can print rolls. I don't know if a nonmember record shows up there.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:47 pm

mfmohlma wrote:
russellhltn wrote:The directory isn't a good place to go for rolls.

But LCR can print rolls. I don't know if a nonmember record shows up there.

No, nonmembers don't appear on LCR. Nonmember records are local to MLS. So if you want nonmembers included on your rolls, MLS is your only option.

Return to “Directory”