Issue with pictures in directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Issue with pictures in directory

Post by russellhltn »

laptop2d wrote:Oh, and I know that several of the pictures are viewable on the users phone with LDS Tools but not viewable from anyone else in the stake.
Just to be clear, is this ordinary users, or just members of Bishoprics/Stake Presidencies/Executive Secretary/clerks that can see these photos of other leaders?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I can confirm that this is a problem with out-of-unit leaders. Members can't see photos of out-of-unit leaders, even if they are approved and visible in the leaders' home stakes. Presumably it is because "stake visibility" for photos only applies within their home stake.

Along similar lines, I can confirm that clerks in a YSA stake aren't able to edit contact info for out-of-unit members serving in their stake. Luckily, everyone can edit their own contact info (though sometimes it would be easier for the clerk to do it).

We've learned to ignore the photos problem in our YSA stake (it has always been this way) but it is kind of annoying and I hope they fix it eventually. I would consider it a bug – an oversight. The same problem with photos occurs in Leader and Clerk Resources.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

I can't see the photos for our out of unit(stake) bishopric counselors or wives either. I double checked and we can see their pictures on my moms LDS tools as they are in the same home stake. Our bishop and his wife, along with with an advisory couple who are from the home family stake that our YSA ward is a part of, do have photos that appear.

I'm wondering if the missing photos has to do with the temporary membership record in the out of unit stake that is created for these leaders to be in two units at once.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kellymab wrote:I double checked and we can see their pictures on my moms LDS tools as they are in the same home stake.
Ask your mom to check the directory for their photos.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Yes, the advisory couple's pictures show up in LDS Tools and the LDS.org directory for members in their home stake. I just looked at with my mom on her account and we were able to see this couple's photo in both places.

In contrast, their names only show up in the LDS Tools app with no photo and nothing shows up on LDS.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Does your mother have a leadership calling?

kellymab

Post by kellymab »

She teaches nursery :-) No other callings.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kellymab wrote:She teaches nursery :-) No other callings.
OK, I wouldn't think that would give her rights to see unapproved photos. But you might check with the clerk and make sure those photos are approved. I think LDS Tools tended to bypass approval requirements and some leaders could still see them, but rank-and-file members couldn't until approved.

kellymab

Post by kellymab »

kellymab wrote:Yes, the advisory couple's pictures show up in LDS Tools AND the LDS.org directory for members in their home stake. I just looked at with my mom on her account and we were able to see this couple's photo in both places.
After talking with the wife, their pictures were approved years ago and uploaded by the home ward, hence we can see their photos when viewing their contact information by a member of their home stake on LDS Tools or on LDS.org. My home stake had a big push several years ago to get pictures for all families uploaded to LDS.org.

However, since the YSA ward that they serve in out-of-unit positions is in a neighboring family stake, members in the YSA ward cannot see their photos.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”