Mac Support?

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
samanthahollister

Mac Support?

Postby samanthahollister » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:43 pm

I've tried browsing lds.org on Safari (Version 6.1.6) and also Firefox and I can't get either to allow me to edit/upload household photos in the directory. On Firefox at least I get a window telling me to use the app. But on Safari, I just get a blank pop-up window - no text. Does this mean there is no Safari support either? No mac support at all for lds.org? :(

On my desktop is where all my photos are. I don't want to have to use my iPad to add our info if I can avoid it. It would be a bit of a pain for me and many others I imagine. Please advise. Thank you!
Attachments
Household Photo Edit screenshot.png
Screenshot from Safari 6.1.6
Household Photo Edit screenshot.png (42.84 KiB) Viewed 675 times

sbradshaw

Re: Mac Support?

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:01 pm

It works on my Mac. Do you have Flash installed? The upload system requires Flash.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

samanthahollister

Postby samanthahollister » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:44 am

Yes, version 15.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:11 pm

I don't know what settings you could change, but Flash's security settings in Safari are my initial suspect.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

samanthahollister

Postby samanthahollister » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:58 am

Problem solved! It was a conflict with my AdBlock extension through Safari. Turning it off did the trick. Thank you!

mevans

Postby mevans » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:55 am

Glad you solved your problem. Another alternative is to use Chrome. When I'm uploading photos, I'm always on a Mac and use Chrome.

BTW, in general, Macs seem to be supported quite well on LDS.org.

Return to “Directory”