Look up members in other stakes

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Jesusis1

Look up members in other stakes

Postby Jesusis1 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:34 pm

I would like to be able to look up members in other stakes (ex. Oakdale, CA). How can I do that? Are we allowed to do this.

Also, why can't I update my own address. I am very computer literate person I should be able to do so. I can join your crew if you would like me to. I've had 2 years of IT classes.

eblood66

Re: Look up members in other stakes

Postby eblood66 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:39 pm

Jesusis1 wrote:I would like to be able to look up members in other stakes (ex. Oakdale, CA). How can I do that? Are we allowed to do this.

No, that is not allowed, most likely for privacy reasons.

Jesusis1 wrote:Also, why can't I update my own address. I am very computer literate person I should be able to do so. I can join your crew if you would like me to. I've had 2 years of IT classes.

It isn't about whether you are computer literate. Changing an address can also trigger a move to another unit. Since that is a possibility a clerk must be involved since they are responsible for requesting and sending records.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Look up members in other stakes

Postby jdlessley » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:04 pm

[Moderator note: The two previous posts were split from the export households from ward directory? thread because the topics are different. Please follow the Code of Conduct which states; "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “Directory”