Photo Visibility

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
chris_hazeldine
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Photo Visibility

Postby chris_hazeldine » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:21 am

Just a couple of comments/queries on the photo component.

1. Is there no option of photos for the Leaders section? I don't show a check box under that page however Organisation and Household allow PDF to include pics. Maybe it is the format difference? Or intended use of the output that is different?
2. A number of members with photos don't show a photo in the output, checked and permissions are set to Stake for the members that i checked who had pics but didn't show. Some are set to Leadership, which I am on Stake Presidency and see them fine in Directory but not in the print out.
3. In Photo section can see all members when clicking the show private but again some of them are set to Stake or Leadership which I can see online.

Thx

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Photo Visibility

Postby aebrown » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:18 am

[Moderator Note: I split this out from the topic Latest Release Notes:2.6.2, since it deals with a distinct issue.]

chris_hazeldine wrote:1. Is there no option of photos for the Leaders section? I don't show a check box under that page however Organisation and Household allow PDF to include pics. Maybe it is the format difference? Or intended use of the output that is different?

There has never been an option for photos in the Leaders section. As near as I can tell, the Leadership section was originally designed to be a part of a full directory printout. When you are printing the Household or Organization directory, you can check a box labeled "Ward Leadership and Meeting Info," which simply adds the leadership section to the beginning of the printout. Then the option to just do a leadership printout was added later, but options targeted for the Leadership section have never been added.

Regardless of the original intent, it would be helpful to have an option for leader photos. It would require some changes in the layout, but it seems like a nice addition. You could request that using the Feedback link on LDS.org if you'd like it to be considered.

chris_hazeldine wrote:2. A number of members with photos don't show a photo in the output, checked and permissions are set to Stake for the members that i checked who had pics but didn't show. Some are set to Leadership, which I am on Stake Presidency and see them fine in Directory but not in the print out.

Did you check both the overall household privacy level, as well as the privacy level of the household photo? Both are factors. Also, people with private households (or private photos for households even where the household is not set to private), will only be included if you check the box in the Print Options for "Members with Private Profiles". Did you check that box in the print options?

chris_hazeldine wrote:3. In Photo section can see all members when clicking the show private but again some of them are set to Stake or Leadership which I can see online.

That's correct. As a clerk, you are allowed to see all the households, and household data in the main Directory view, even if those households, or particular pieces of data (such as photos) within the household, are set to private. But when you print the Directory, the assumption is that you might give that printout to someone who doesn't have a calling that gives them permission to see private households or data. That's why there's a separate check box for "Members with Private Profiles" that you have to check in order to have that private data included in the PDF printout.

One final situation to consider: There is special handling for a household where there is no household photo, but the head of household has an individual photo. As near as I can tell (but I can only find one such situation in our stake that has all these conditions, so my data is very limited), where the husband is a nonmember, the member wife's individual photo will be included only if the "Members with Private Profiles" checkbox is checked, even though the household and the individual photo are set to stake visibility. That situation might account for some of the differences you see with photo visibility.


Return to “Directory”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest