Unable to upload photo to lds.org directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
frigby

Re: Unable to upload photo to lds.org directory

Post by frigby »

Thank you. I thought there must have been a bug and I'm glad it has been identified and being worked on. Maybe a little more information may help. On Sunday, I sat down with the first counselor (the one that I could not edit to upload a photo) His LDSTools shows his picture and has shown it since I first took his picture and uploaded it from my phone about 6 weeks ago. Once I uploaded it, it showed on my phone until I did a sync and then disappeared which was what started this whole thing. Apparently it must have uploaded to lds.org and his sync put it on his phone. His phone is an Iphone and mine is an adroid if that makes a difference. BTW, he can edit my information on his phone but I cannot edit his information on my phone.
LDS.org directory still does not show his photo for me.

Russell, I'm a programmer by profession and know how difficult it is to trap for every error and situation and return a message that is intuitive for the end user. Since I get that error message on every out of unit member except those of my own home stake. I suspect it has to to with permissions on out of unit members.
kmcheney

Re: Unable to upload photo to lds.org directory

Post by kmcheney »

I too have been trying for weeks to upload a photo of my wife and I and it always says there is a problem and to try again later. I've resized the photo and tried all sorts of things but it is useless.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”