I can't change my personal information.

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: I can't change my personal information.

Post by jdlessley »

seriti wrote:I can't change my personal information. After pressing the account settings under the logged on user name, the page that follows keeps displaying "loading content" please help!
The topic of this thread is making changes to personal information at the LDS.org Directory. The action you took would have taken you to your LDS Account profile page. It appears that there was some difficulty loading that site and may have been a temporary issue. I just checked and the LDS Account site is accessible, so I recommend trying again.

Making changes to personal information through the Directory versus through the LDS Account are different topics. If you were intentionally trying to make the changes through your LDS Account profile, then I recommend making a post in the LDS Account forum in either an existing thread on that topic or starting a new thread if you feel your issue has not already been addressed.

If you want to make changes to personal contact information to either your email address or phone number through the LDS.org Directory then read the previous posts of this thread.

The steps to make changes within the Directory is to first select Directory from the main menu on LDS.org. If you have already signed in then the Directory will come up. Otherwise you will be taken to the sign-in page and after you sign in you will be taken to the Directory. Select "My Household" from the left pane. When your household is displayed in the right pane you will see the View button and Edit button at the top of the pane. Click the Edit button and you can then make the necessary changes to contact information.

Note that it is not obvious that clicking the "Edit" link to the right of the visibility setting allows the user to change the visibility setting for the item as well as the specific information for the item.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
samante_lea

Post by samante_lea »

im trying to change my email address as well as my contact number because i cant access my current email address
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

samante_lea wrote:im trying to change my email address as well as my contact number because i cant access my current email address
What have you tried?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Nigatu

Post by Nigatu »

I cannot edit my Birthday so please help me
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Nigatu wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:09 pm I cannot edit my Birthday so please help me
You'll have to ask your ward clerk, or ward membership clerk to change it.

However, one possible reason it's incorrect is that you're using the wrong MRN. I would check with the clerk to make sure the MRN on your account is the same as what's on the membership record.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”