Editing Phone Numbers

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kirtkennedy

Re: Editing Phone Numbers

Post by kirtkennedy »

I'm a ward exec sec and have the ability to edit phone and emails on LDS.org. When I go to LDS tools I see the changes and assumed so could other ward members/leaders...our RS could not see the changes in tools, even after she synced. I checked with others... same result...does this have something to do with "administrative rights"??...how do I make changes so others can see?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Editing Phone Numbers

Post by aebrown »

kirtkennedy wrote:I'm a ward exec sec and have the ability to edit phone and emails on LDS.org. When I go to LDS tools I see the changes and assumed so could other ward members/leaders...our RS could not see the changes in tools, even after she synced.
The important question is if these other members can see the phone numbers and email addresses at all. If they can't see them, then that is almost certainly because the privacy settings on those pieces of data prevent them from seeing them. In that case, everything is working exactly as it should -- no matter what changes you make to the phone numbers and email addresses, only bishopric members, stake presidency members, executive secretaries, and clerks will be able to see that data if it has been marked as "Private -- Leadership only". Those visibility settings apply to the Directory on LDS.org as well as LDS Tools on mobile devices.

If, on the other hand, these other members can see the phone numbers and email addresses, then they should see changes that are made to them. Other than a fairly brief delay for processing (should not be more than 15 minutes when the system is functioning properly), everyone with access to see the data should see the updated data on LDS.org or after a sync on LDS Tools.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”