Records not transferring in LDS.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
FaneusRF

Records not transferring in LDS.org

Post by FaneusRF »

Hi my name is Ralph Faneus. Our records were accidentally transferred to the Copper Hills Stake in West Jordan. We are actually in the Copperhill Stake in West Valley in the 8th Ward. We originally moved from Cannon Stake. Our current Stake and ward has our records so that Portion from what I can see is fine. Our problem lies in the fact the LDS.org still shows us in the Copper Hills Stake in West Jordan. Can someone please fix this. Thanks. I have verified twice that our records are in fact in the Copperhill 8th Ward in the Copperhill Stake with our Clerk. Thank you! Be nice to have our ward directory and calendar!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Records not transferring in LDS.org

Post by russellhltn »

You're clerk is going to have to fix this. This is mostly a user-to-user support forum. The few employees that visit would point you back to your clerk as he is the one with authority to transfer records.

It's possible that his program is bit behind, or failed to sync. It's also possible that you have a duplicate record. He will have to investigate further.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
FaneusRF

Post by FaneusRF »

If it's not too much to ask how is that done. They seem to be content that our records are there and they can see it. Is there something missing that needs to be done? Also - you mentioned it's a duplicate. We've been in this stake before same house and everything except this time upon our return the ward boundaries have been changed. How can we tell if we are actually there? I've had one other person look up on their directory from lds tools- updated and we don't show up on their list also.
FaneusRF

Post by FaneusRF »

BTW Thanks for your help :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Your clerk would need to look on-line to confirm where your records are. It's possible his MLS program isn't in sync. Assuming he finds your records are not where they should be, he needs to order them.

You may also want to go to ldsaccount.lds.org and verify your birth date. It's a long shot, but I wonder if somehow you ended up with someone else's membership number on your ldsaccount.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”