errors in printing organizations from ward/stake directories

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
lelarso

errors in printing organizations from ward/stake directories

Post by lelarso »

When printing organizations from the stake directory, you don't always get the organization that you select. Specifically, when you select Stake Presidency, High Council, Single Adult, Stake Relief Society Presidency, Stake Young Men Presidency, Stake Young Women Presidency, Stake Sunday School Presidency, Stake Primary, Stake Family History, Other Callings, or Patriarch, you get a list with all of them, instead of just the one you want. When you select any other organization, you still get the same list, which doesn't even contain the organization you want. A similar anomaly occurs when printing organizations from ward directories. (Do you have a topic icon showing flaming steam coming from a head?)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: errors in printing organizations from ward/stake directo

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, it looks like the print function does all the organizations, not just the selected one.

I suspect this was intended, but the GUI led you to believe otherwise.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lelarso wrote:When printing organizations from the stake directory, you don't always get the organization that you select.... A similar anomaly occurs when printing organizations from ward directories.
To clarify, you are not talking about printing organizations. Printing a ward organization includes just the members of that organization, as you would expect.

You are actually talking about printing the ward or stake Leaders for organizations. Leadership lists do contain leaders for the predetermined set of organizations, regardless of which organization's set of leaders is selected when you invoke the Print function.
lelarso

Post by lelarso »

Thanks, russellhltn and aebrown for your responses, in shedding some light.

I can see that I wasn't sufficiently clear in my original post. I was indeed trying to print leaders for organizations.

Since "leadership lists do contain leaders for the predetermined set of organizations, regardless of which organization's set of leaders is selected when you invoke the Print function," as pointed out by aebrown, then how does one get those organizations not printed at all included in the predetermined set? Is that a local stake function?

Barring that possibility, my workaround is using a screen capture utility to create my own composite list. Cumbersome, to be sure, but the only way I've been able to figure out.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lelarso wrote:...how does one get those organizations not printed at all included in the predetermined set? Is that a local stake function?
No, it's not a local stake function. That's just the way the application works, so every user in every stake sees the same set of organizations (for their respective ward/stake, of course).

The only way to change it would be for the developers to change the way the application works. That would require the change request to be considered and prioritized and eventually implemented. You can request that change by using the Feedback link on LDS.org.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”