Sending Messages to All Adult Members

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sending Messages to All Adult Members

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:One more example of a waste of budget allowance, especially in this day of electronic devises. Just saying.
Not everyone has, wants, or can afford an electronic device. Just saying.

But I'd think the days of a formal printed directory would largely be a thing of the past.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

russellhltn wrote:
Gary_Miller wrote:One more example of a waste of budget allowance, especially in this day of electronic devises. Just saying.
Not everyone has, wants, or can afford an electronic device. Just saying.
While this is true for tablets and phone, most people have access to a computer. Those that don't can get a directory printed just for them from their ward clerk instead of doing an expensive mass printing for everyone in the ward.
russellhltn wrote:But I'd think the days of a formal printed directory would largely be a thing of the past.
You would think but some people have a hard time breaking away from tradition.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:
russellhltn wrote:But I'd think the days of a formal printed directory would largely be a thing of the past.
You would think but some people have a hard time breaking away from tradition.
Not quite the same as "nevermore". But I would expect the number of units doing it to dramatically decrease.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Gary_Miller wrote:
lewiswf1 wrote:We are about to print our 2014 directory and so we'll be going through the directory and can make the change where appropriate (with permission of course).
One more example of a waste of budget allowance, especially in this day of electronic devises. Just saying.
We don't know the circumstances in lewiswf1's area. If the leaders there feel this is worthwhile, then that's great for them. Even though our stake no longer prints a stake directory, I know some people miss it. If I want to contact a member, the first place I think of looking is the LDS.org directory (or LDS Tools). Unfortunately, I find many people don't naturally think to look there for member information. The church has provided several great online tools, but I still find a lot of opposition to using them.
lewiswf1

Post by lewiswf1 »

Thanks Gary I agree in theory, its a single sheet, double sided. On the back it classifies the youth so that the ward can connect better with them and know which classes they will be in, shows baptisms, etc. If only LDS tools could do that we wouldn't print it. While I'm on LDS tools, would be nice to list HT/VT assignments so we don't have to print those either. Our ward is pretty connected with available tools which are catching up, hope to continue to see us as a church make more advances in this area.

Wayne

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”