Ward Organization lists no longer have surnames

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ward Organization lists no longer have surnames

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:I see last name, first
Same here.
mtwerner wrote:I'm still seeing the same problem.
You're not viewing offline web pages or something that is using stale data are you? What is your set up for viewing - system, browser, etc?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scote

Re: Directory 2.6.2 Released

Post by scote »

The last name not printing on ward organizations may have been fixed at some point, but it appears to be broken now.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Directory 2.6.2 Released

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved this post into the existing topic for this issue.]
scote wrote:The last name not printing on ward organizations may have been fixed at some point, but it appears to be broken now.
As with most other respondents, it certainly seems to work correctly for me. But since we've seen a couple of reports that it is either still broken or broken again, it may be that there is some scenario where surnames do not appear. Or those users may somehow be seeing stale data in their browsers.

It would be helpful to get some more details from those who continue to report that it is not working properly.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I think scote's post is a different topic. He addresses the print of an organization list while this thread is about the display in a browser of organizations. I can confirm that the printout of an organization does not include the surname.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scote

Post by scote »

Just to be clear. I am not talking about "the display in a browser of organizations".

I am pointing out that when I open an organization list in a PDF (Ward Organization > Relief Society > Print> Open PDF), the last names of individuals in the organization list in the PDF are not displayed.

aebrown indicates that it works for them. Is there a preferred browser? I've tried MS Explorer and Chrome. I've tried at a public library and I've tried at home. The library computer does not likely have stale data. I'd like to try using Firefox, but the directory seems to be down right now. Maybe they are fixing this problem! :)
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jeffevannelson »

Ok Ward Organization Print does not show Surnames on printing is the bug Got it thanks.
mevans

Post by mevans »

The surnames have returned when viewing the directory online, but if I try to print an organization directory, the surnames are missing.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:The surnames have returned when viewing the directory online, but if I try to print an organization directory, the surnames are missing.
Yes, that's the topic of the last several posts of this thread, and was confirmed by Church employee Jeff Nelson in the post immediately preceding yours.
kimberlyning

Post by kimberlyning »

I am having the same problem whenever I go to print just the Relief Society sisters. The full names appear just fine when I go to the RS ward organization, however, once I generate the pdf to preview before printing, the surnames are gone. Thanks for your work on this problem.
lisadiane

Surnames missing

Post by lisadiane »

Adding my frustration to those who have already posted . . . I am a VT Coordinator and find it useful for my calling to print out a ward directory of sisters. While I can print out a sisters' list from MLS, the directory through lds.org is much simpler and uses far less paper and ink. But only the sisters' first names currently appear on this list. There are a few surnames, but not many. Seems, from the comments, to be a web-wide, not ward-specific problem.

Hoping for a fix for the new year.

Thank you.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”