CSV options

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
noctufaber

CSV options

Post by noctufaber »

I'm the executive secretary in our ward and I was wondering if the lds.org website has any other csv export capabilities beyond the Directory > Export Households feature. I would like to have the csv data where each row equals one member instead of the current format of one row containing the whole household. This would save me the time I'd have to spend reformatting the data for my needs.
RossEvans

Re: CSV options

Post by RossEvans »

noctufaber wrote:I'm the executive secretary in our ward and I was wondering if the lds.org website has any other csv export capabilities beyond the Directory > Export Households feature. I would like to have the csv data where each row equals one member instead of the current format of one row containing the whole household. This would save me the time I'd have to spend reformatting the data for my needs.
I suggest that you might be better off getting your export file from MLS. You might need to work through the ward clerk to do this.

There is a standard export file named Membership.csv that contains one record per member, including confidential fields such as birth date, ordinations, temple rec expirations, etc., that you might need to do your calling. Exporting this file requires someone with MLS Admin permissions.

Alternatively, a custom report might be defined in MLS with the data you need, and saved to a CSV file.
noctufaber

Re: CSV options

Post by noctufaber »

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”