can't access new missionaries transfered into ward

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mevans

Re: can't access new missionaries transfered into ward

Post by mevans »

It's working for me in FF Windows.

AileneRHerrick reported it's not working on a Mac. I could try Safari on a Mac running 10.6.8 later and see if I have a problem.

Until this post, I didn't realize that I could see missionaries serving in and serving from other units in my stake. It makes sense that I can; I just never thought about it before.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I tried Safari 5.1.9 on OS X 10.6.8 and didn't have a problem. That's not the same configuration as AileneRHerrick, but it was at least on a Mac.

ebraby and AileneRHerrick: have you tried another browser yet?

Another thing to try is to have someone else in your ward/branch log in with their LDS Account to see if it happens for others in your unit, or just you.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

The assigned missionaries in my ward have not been showing; the missionaries assigned to my ward appear as assigned missionaries in another ward in my stake. This has been a problem for the last couple of months. It was correct for my ward prior to May. Does anyone know the proper person to ask about this? The mission office maybe? I know my stake has recently (July 1, 2013) been assigned to an entirely new mission so that may have something to do with it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jhowell2000 wrote:Does anyone know the proper person to ask about this? The mission office maybe?
The mission area office handles the updating of each missionaries assigned area. Since your mission area is new they may be a bit behind in getting this done.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

I looked at the assigned missionaries in different wards in my stake and it isn't correct yet. Some of the wards have assigned missionaries listed, some don't. The missionaries assigned to my ward are listed in another ward in the stake and no missionaries are listed as being assigned in my ward. Also in the ward that shares the building with us, one assigned missionary is listed in the new mission and one assigned missionary is listed in the old. I suspect this will all be fixed as the new mission gets running.

Should I submit feedback on lds.org? Seems like this would be better going to the mission office instead, but don't know how to contact them directly.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jhowell2000 wrote:Should I submit feedback on lds.org? Seems like this would be better going to the mission office instead, but don't know how to contact them directly.
Since you're dealing with a specific process that the mission office is responsible for, I'd agree that the mission office is your best route. If you're a clerk, you can use CDOL to look up the mission office. Or your stake's high councilor over missionary work would certainly know the mission office. In fact, it might be best to ask that high councilor to do the communicating, since this problem extends to multiple wards.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

thanks for the suggestion, I will do that

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”