wrong language

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sdlosee

wrong language

Post by sdlosee »

It keeps coming up in Spanish this is a English speaking ward I don't speak Spanish
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: wrong language

Post by jdlessley »

This is a known issue for LDS.org. For now the work-around until they correct the issue is to either change the language in the URL or to use the language selector icon, the globe at the top of the page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bwooten

Re: wrong language

Post by bwooten »

One quick trick to bypass this issue in Firefox is to create a bookmark in your bookmarks bar for the website in the correct language as shown below:
https://www.lds.org/?lang=eng.
To do this, right click on the link listed above, click on bookmark this link, name it lds.org or another name you like, and choose to add it to your bookmarks bar. This way you avoid the challenge of needing to change the URL each time you go to the church website.

I only have the issue in Firefox, so other browsers allow me to just type in lds.org in the address bar. If you are using a different browser and having the issue, your steps may vary slightly.

I Hope this works for you.
jonesharon

Language

Post by jonesharon »

Every time I log into directory the language is in Spanish. I switch it back to English then if I change the screen it goes back into Spanish. How to I fix this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: The previous post was merged with this thread because the topics are the same.]

This thread is one of a few discussing the problem for all of LDS.org. The issue affects the browser Firefox predominantly. See the discussions in these threads:
Website in Spanish (or other languages)
Why does my LDS.org default to Spanish?
lds.org has changed to a foreign language
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”