Pop-up keeps showing up

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
gryphon

Pop-up keeps showing up

Post by gryphon »

whenever i launch the directory i get a pop-up that explains the directory.
It gives you 2 options and i always choose the one the says "don't show again"
however every single time i still get this pop-up. this has been going on for many months now.
I tried to figure out how to submit a support ticket, but i guess posting to the forum is the only way to make you aware of this issue.
Is there any other way to fix this issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Pop-up keeps showing up

Post by russellhltn »

I just tried it. It seems to work for me. I'm not sure where it stores the information. If it's in cookies, then some security settings in your browser might clear them every time you close the browser.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

gryphon wrote:I tried to figure out how to submit a support ticket, but i guess posting to the forum is the only way to make you aware of this issue.
To submit a problem, you can use the Feedback link found at the bottom right of many LDS.org pages. That's the official way to submit an issue to the official people to make changes to the site. Service missionaries review the submissions and forward them to the appropriate people. It can sometimes take a long time before you get any reply.

For the type of problem you're having, I doubt the official support mechanism is going to get your problem resolved unless a lot of people are reporting the same problem. However, here you have a forum of friendly helpful people who might be able to help you figure out the problem.

As russelhltn indicated, it might be a browser security settings issue.

Here are some questions that might help us help you:
  • Which browser and version of it are you using?
  • Which operating system are you using?
  • Have you tried a different browser? Do you have the same experience or does it work there?
  • Is this your personal device (tablet/laptop/computer) or does it belong to your employer or do you connect it to your work systems? Some employer-owned devices (or personal devices connected to an employer's network) may have security policies that clear cookies, etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:Some employer-owned devices (or personal devices connected to an employer's network) may have security policies that clear cookies, etc.
Some browsers have settings to automatically clear the cookies after closing down.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:
mevans wrote:Some employer-owned devices (or personal devices connected to an employer's network) may have security policies that clear cookies, etc.
Some browsers have settings to automatically clear the cookies after closing down.
Yes, if it's a setting, the user should be able to clear it. However, an employer policy could force it to clear cookies and the the user may have no option to disable it. I think this level of control is most common in a Windows environment with IE. I'm not sure if employer policy can affect other browsers, but the policy can stop you from installing software, such as other web browsers.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”