Directory API

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Directory API

Post by jdlessley »

orthogonalone wrote: I was trying to download the home teaching assignments so I can do some work in excel but found that I could only get the report in PDF.
This thread is about access to the Directory API. All home teaching tools are found in Leader and Clerk Resources. How is access to the Directory API related to downloading home teaching assignments from LCR?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

orthogonalone wrote:There are consequences to not allowing downloads of data in formats other than PDF. I was trying to download the home teaching assignments so I can do some work in excel but found that I could only get the report in PDF. But was was able to find an online PDF to XML converter that worked great. I wish that I didn't have to jump through the hoops to get what I need.
+1.

Isn't there a way that this could at least be set up so that leaders are able to download in a format other than PDF?
rsgoth

Post by rsgoth »

This is an old thread but I would really like to able to automate some procedures. I want to be able to automatically download a current ward list including Name age and phone number(optional) is there any way to do this. Is there any way to get access to an API. Thanks for your help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rsgoth wrote:I want to be able to automatically download a current ward list including Name age and phone number(optional) is there any way to do this.
Yes, if you are a ward clerk, assistant ward clerk - membership, and a bishopric member. It is in LCR Create Report. No for the general membership.
rsgoth wrote:Is there any way to get access to an API.
No. The API is only available internally or to specific church sponsored community app teams.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
klricks

Post by klricks »

jdlessley wrote:
rsgoth wrote:I want to be able to automatically download a current ward list including Name age and phone number(optional) is there any way to do this.
Yes, if you are a ward clerk, assistant ward clerk - membership, and a bishopric member. It is in LCR Create Report. No for the general membership.
rsgoth wrote:Is there any way to get access to an API.
No. The API is only available internally or to specific church sponsored community app teams.
Assistant ward clerks and membership clerks do not have access to custom reports.
Also I believe the reports are generated in PDF only and not any form of raw text such a CSV. I am guessing that is what rsgoth was wanting?
Assistant Ward Clerk
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

klricks wrote:Assistant ward clerks and membership clerks do not have access to custom reports.
The only reason I mentioned custom report was because rsgoth was interested in getting member age which is restricted privacy data due to the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). I did not check the access table nor the Member List until just now. The assistant ward clerk and assistant ward clerk - membership do have access to the Member List which includes information for gender, age, birth date, address, phone, and e-mail. Since the assistant ward clerks and membership clerks have membership edit permissions I suspect the same information is available for them to print the Member List.
klricks wrote:Also I believe the reports are generated in PDF only and not any form of raw text such a CSV. I am guessing that is what rsgoth was wanting?
All CSV exports have been removed for some time. I suspect it is fallout of the GDPR and possibly because of potential for liability to the Church of compromised data from mishandling raw data.
JD Lessley

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”