New Mail Feature?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

New Mail Feature?

Post by zaneclark »

I needed to mail a newsletter to the ward so went to the usual Organizations under the Directory and when I pull up an organization, Elder's, HP, etc, it now has a popup with all the email addresses and the instructions to cut and paste the addresses into your favorite mail client. I was never able to get the old system to work efficiently and this is a great new feature.. At least I am guessing it is a new feature as it didn't work that way last week. Thanks to whoever is responsible for this change!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: New Mail Feature?

Post by aebrown »

Well, I can't say that I'm as excited about the change. It used to use my default mail client, and it was slick and easy. Now I have to go through extra steps to send a message. But I guess that doing it this way gets around some of the issues that came up with certain mail clients not being able to handle long lists of email addresses, and they addressed the inconsistent comma vs. semicolon separator issue head-on. It's clunkier, but less prone to causing problems for the wide variety of mail clients out there.
mfmohlma

Re: New Mail Feature?

Post by mfmohlma »

Not that it would ever happen, but I would be extremely happy if someone would add a little plug in the text about using BCC:. :) (Pet peeve...)

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”