Senior missionaries with callings in local ward

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Why can't a Bishops wife access the ward directory when

Post by russellhltn »

lawlorja wrote:Is it possible for the Bishops wife to access the stake/ward directory while he serves in a student stake? It is hard to participate when you are uninformed.
Not with that "calling". She would have to be added to the ward as a out-of-unit person and given a calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Miknmaur

Re: Senior missionaries with callings in local ward

Post by Miknmaur »

Create her an out of unit membership, then give her a "standard" calling like ward missionary and she should be able to access the directory, etc.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Does a regular member have access to other unit directories in the stake? We have a senior couple assigned to several units in our stake and are wondering whether to give them a ward or stake calling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Does a regular member have access to other unit directories in the stake?
Yes, within limits. They can't seen youth or other minor children.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Still struggling to make this work, I have added our senior missionary couple as out of unit members in one of the wards to which they will be assigned. I gave them each a standard calling in that ward.

They are assigned to several different wards and branches. Right now, they can see the directory in that one ward, but they cannot see anything else in our stake. Shouldn't they be able to see the other units in the stake, just as any other member?

If yes, where do I need to help them look to find the information?

If no, will giving them a stake calling make this work?

I hate the thought of having to add them as out of unit members of multiple wards and branches, but if that is what it takes . . .
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

Please be aware that full-time missionaries now have access to the LDS.org Directory and Calendars through the proselyting area/Church unit relationships managed in the Internet Mission Office System (IMOS). Each full-time missionary companionship is associated to a proselyting area on the mission's transfer board. The proselyting area is then assigned to serve a specific Church unit (ward/stake or branch/district). The mission president and office manages this information.

This same information also controls what full-time missionaries show up in the "Missionary" section of the LDS.org Directory.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wertdl wrote:Please be aware that full-time missionaries now have access to the LDS.org Directory and Calendars through the proselyting area/Church unit relationships managed in the Internet Mission Office System (IMOS). Each full-time missionary companionship is associated to a proselyting area on the mission's transfer board. The proselyting area is then assigned to serve a specific Church unit (ward/stake or branch/district). The mission president and office manages this information.
We are aware of that, and just didn't want to wait.

For additional benefit and information, is the mission able to assign full-time missionaries to more than one area? This couple will be serving almost half our stake.

And as a follow up to close out my previous posts, they had entire stake access as out of unit members from the time I gave them a calling. The issue was their not knowing where to look to find it. The email I sent them is very funny when I look back on it:

"To access stake information, do not click on the stake. Click on the ward and select "Stake Information" in the dropdown box.

To return to ward information, do not click on the ward. Click on Stake Information and select the name of the ward from the dropdown box."

Very intuitive, although I do understand why it is the way it is.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

Missionaries can only be assigned to one proselyting area in IMOS. [Note: "Proselyting area" is a mission organizational term synonymous with "companionship".]

However, the proselyting area can be assigned to more than one Church unit [ward(s) and branch(es) / stake(s) and district(s)].
garymason63

Post by garymason63 »

How can I assign a senior missionary to a priesthood leadership calling on the ward LCR as I dont have his records?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

garymason63 wrote:How can I assign a senior missionary to a priesthood leadership calling on the ward LCR as I dont have his records?
He should have his membership record number on his temple recommend. Use that number to search for him and enter him as an out-of-unit member. Then give him the calling.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”