Access Denied to Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mitch2kim

Access Denied to Directory

Post by mitch2kim »

Suddenly when I click on directory I get access denied. I can still access calendar and everything else. I checked my profile and it confirms that I have entered my membership number.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Access Denied to Directory

Post by russellhltn »

How long has this been going on? Since you have access to the calendar, I suspect a server-side problem with a false error message rather then an account problem.

Otherwise, I'd suspect your membership records have been moved or are somehow in limbo.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Oh, I see that a new version of the Directory has just been deployed. If this doesn't clear up in the next few hours, I suspect a new bug. Is there anything at all unusual about your situation? Out of Unit leader, etc?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rgme

Post by rgme »

There is a RS counselor in my ward who noticed this past week that she cannot access the directory or lesson schedules as she previously could. She gets the "Access Denied" error. To my knowledge, there is nothing unusual about her account (out of unit, etc).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rgme wrote:There is a RS counselor in my ward who noticed this past week that she cannot access the directory or lesson schedules as she previously could. She gets the "Access Denied" error. To my knowledge, there is nothing unusual about her account (out of unit, etc).
What about the calendar? The addition of the lesson schedule suggests it has nothing to do with the new directory. I'd double check and make sure her records are still in the ward. Occasionally a record gets pulled for some reason. Perhaps in error.

jared.capson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jared.capson »

Are you still having these "access denied" problems? I might be able to help.
ashostler

Post by ashostler »

I cannot get access to my ward directory. Im logged in and everytime i click on it i ge
t access denied
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ashostler wrote:I cannot get access to my ward directory. Im logged in and everytime i click on it i ge
t access denied
You probably don't have a Membership Record Number associated with your LDS Account. The system thinks you're a non-member.

EverettMan

Post by EverettMan »

I have registered my membership number to an existing account but i am still getting access denied when trying to access ward directoory and info I can get into my account but no access to ward stuff
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

EverettMan wrote:I have registered my membership number to an existing account but i am still getting access denied when trying to access ward directoory and info I can get into my account but no access to ward stuff
Check with your ward clerk to make sure your MRN is part of the ward. I believe you can get denied if you somehow end up "wardless".

Also, allow some time after entering the MRN. I know for new callings it can take a day or so for permissions to update.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”