Unable to print Ward Directory - Need Help, Please

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
oegjdbg2

Unable to print Ward Directory - Need Help, Please

Post by oegjdbg2 »

The following is the message I get each time I follow the directions on LDS.org to print the Ward Directory. This happens when I request "Open PDF". I use Mozilla Firefox. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult. Past times I just went in and printed it. It used to be so easy. Please help.

"Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /directory/services/ludrs/print/74713/ward/.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 302 Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
reddpc1

Re: Unable to print Ward Directory - Need Help, Please

Post by reddpc1 »

Same issue while attempting to print photo directory in IE of YSA ward with 250 photos, no broken photos. I get the error message after one minute of attempting to open or save pdf. Ten attempts over the past 24 hours with same result.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

reddpc1 wrote:Same issue while attempting to print photo directory in IE of YSA ward with 250 photos, no broken photos. I get the error message after one minute of attempting to open or save pdf. Ten attempts over the past 24 hours with same result.
And yet I can print both the regular directory and photo directory just fine for my ward (I'm using Firefox). We only have about 60 household photos; I wonder if the sheer bulk of photos is an issue.
jared.capson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jared.capson »

That error looks like it might be something I can take care of. Can you give me the exact steps that you did so I can troubleshoot it?
nwtaylor

Post by nwtaylor »

Same error, but the YSA ward I am trying to print is smaller - might have 8 pages of 3-columns.
This was on IE9/Win7. I will try Chrome and FireFox. I am still Ward Clerk for our home ward. Same error trying to print that directory as well. [later] Same error on Chrome. Perhaps its our company's firewall settings??

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /directory/services/ludrs/print/379182/photos/.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 302 Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
jared.capson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jared.capson »

When this error happens, have you been waiting more than 2 minutes since you last clicked on anything?
nwtaylor

Post by nwtaylor »

i haven't timed it, but yes it seems like a pretty long time passes before the browser popup window with the error appears.
jared.capson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jared.capson »

Time it and let me know if it's longer than 120 seconds. That's the timeout we have set currently.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”