Last name cannot be changed

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
stefanielynn73

Last name cannot be changed

Postby stefanielynn73 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:14 pm

My directory profile has my last name wrong. it changed when I recently married. We have talked to our ward clerk numerous times and he has attempted to fix it but it keeps reverting back to the wrong name. What can we do to fix this?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Last name cannot be changed

Postby russellhltn » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:33 pm

If your last name is different from your husband's I don't think the directory does a good job of supporting that.

If that's not the issue, then the clerk needs to find all the fields where the last same is set and update them. If he's having problems, then he can either check in with the stake clerk (who is responsible for training) or come to the forum where we can give him some pointers.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

techgy
Community Moderators

Re: Last name cannot be changed

Postby techgy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:34 am

stefanielynn73 wrote:My directory profile has my last name wrong. it changed when I recently married. We have talked to our ward clerk numerous times and he has attempted to fix it but it keeps reverting back to the wrong name. What can we do to fix this?
One suggestion would be to check and be sure that the marriage was properly recorded in the MLS program.

Return to “Directory”