Households don't show

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Households don't show

Post by jdlessley »

dyrkarthurvanvalkenburg wrote:I can see the household's names, but when I click on them, no information is shown. I can't print a directory from the site. I do see the leadership names, and household names list, but no household addresses, tele. email, etc. comes up.
This is the exact behavior to expect when no one has opted in (changed the privacy setting from "Private - Leadership Only" to Ward Visibility or Stake Visibility).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

The previously mentioned Ward Clerk no longer has this issue but I'm still experiencing the eternal spinning loader when trying to view households. We both figured it may be due to my calling not being given high enough access (I'm the Sunday School President) to view all members, however in that case shouldn't the frame still be populated but just with redacted information? What is also odd is that this doesn't occur with only those households that haven't updated or opted in. It's very irregular.

Another thought (and probably out of left field) could it be because of my being an American (all browsers/OS etc. being set to English) in a Norwegian Ward?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thebundok wrote:Another thought (and probably out of left field) could it be because of my being an American (all browsers/OS etc. being set to English) in a Norwegian Ward?
Possibly. It seems like something that would be worth testing. Can you try it on a different machine?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

If you're in to using web browser debuggers (which you may not be), you might see if there's a call that's not completing. Maybe there's an error? Maybe it never returns?
EPRaab

Post by EPRaab »

I have been having this exact same issue for over 7 weeks now. I am in the Primary and last year the directory worked, but either at the very end of last year or the very beginning of this year it stopped working. I get the spinning ball no matter what browser I try.
mevans

Post by mevans »

EPRaab: are you in the United States or another country? If so, which country?

Can anyone with this problem see the ward mission leader? It seems like it uses a view similar to households. I'm curious if it works for you.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”