Households don't show

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
thebundok

Households don't show

Post by thebundok »

What is the status of this fix? One month later and I'm experiencing a similar issue. It appears to be limited to households which have not added their information, though not exclusively. In most cases instead of seeing blank picture fields or information fields I just get the eternal spinning ball.
thebundok

Re: Households don't show

Post by thebundok »

I forgot to mention that this is happening to me on the live site.
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

I've recorded a short video (25 sec.) showing what I'm seeing, despite having populated information. Our Bishop has his information and a photo which shows up in the "Ward Leaders" panel as does our Ward Clerk. However trying to see his information via the "Households" produces and endless spinning ball. That spinning ball is happening for over 90% of the households in the list. This is on the live site and is consistent across all 3 major browsers.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

thebundok wrote:I forgot to mention that this is happening to me on the live site.
This topic thread has been split from the topic of the same name in the Beta Directory forum since it addresses a production Directory issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

thebundok wrote:What is the status of this fix?
Are you having the same problem in the beta as you are having in the production version?
thebundok wrote:One month later and I'm experiencing a similar issue. It appears to be limited to households which have not added their information, though not exclusively. In most cases instead of seeing blank picture fields or information fields I just get the eternal spinning ball.
My first impression is the problem is because the households have not opted in. Since you are in Norway households need to opt in for you to see their information. But instead of getting the waiting icon (spinning ball) there should be nothing. I do not know if that is supposed to be the behavior for a household that has not opted in.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

@thebundok: whichcallings do you have?

jdlessley has an interesting theory; it would be good to make sure you don't have a calling that lets you see everyone's information, including those who have opted out. If you do, then jdlessley's theory would not be correct.

I can't test this right now as I need to get a a family member's LDS Account which has fewer permissions than mine. This is interesting if even those who have opted out will have their information shown if they have a calling.
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

jdlessley wrote:Are you having the same problem in the beta as you are having in the production version?
I couldn't tell you, in the beta I only see my household and no others.
jdlessley wrote:My first impression is the problem is because the households have not opted in. Since you are in Norway households need to opt in for you to see their information. But instead of getting the waiting icon (spinning ball) there should be nothing. I do not know if that is supposed to be the behavior for a household that has not opted in.
The households I showed in the video (the bishop and ward clerk) have both opted in as have many others that I know of but can't see (I get the spinning ball, not just a blank panel).
mevans wrote:@thebundok: whichcallings do you have?
I'm currently called as the Sunday School President.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

thebundok wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Are you having the same problem in the beta as you are having in the production version?
I couldn't tell you, in the beta I only see my household and no others.
That makes it difficult to tell if they are addressing the problem in the beta.
thebundok wrote:The households I showed in the video (the bishop and ward clerk) have both opted in as have many others that I know of but can't see (I get the spinning ball, not just a blank panel).
Have you checked to see if others in your ward are having the same problem?
JD Lessley
thebundok

Post by thebundok »

jdlessley wrote:Have you checked to see if others in your ward are having the same problem?
The ward clerk is having the same issue, but he's the only one I've been able to confirm this with as of two days ago.
DyrkVan

Post by DyrkVan »

I can see the household's names, but when I click on them, no information is shown. I can't print a directory from the site. I do see the leadership names, and household names list, but no household addresses, tele. email, etc. comes up.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”