Rejected Email

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Rejected Email

Post by zaneclark »

I use the Email feature on the Directory to send posts to various organizations. When I started doing this, almost all email was accepted except for a few with obvious errors. Lately I am getting returns from Yahoo, Hotmail and AOL. I think something like this has been discussed before, but I can't find the thread. Anyone know how to resolve this?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Rejected Email

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote:I use the Email feature on the Directory . . .
Lately I am getting returns . . .
Here is one of the topics. Although I did not find any solutions.

And I have found that the Search bar near the top right of the page works quite well with this new Forum software.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Rejected Email

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I use the Email feature on the Directory to send posts to various organizations. When I started doing this, almost all email was accepted except for a few with obvious errors. Lately I am getting returns from Yahoo, Hotmail and AOL.
Note that when you use the Email feature on the Directory, all the Directory is doing is feeding the recipients' email addresses to your email program. So the behavior will be exactly the same as if you never used the Directory at all, and simply typed those email addresses into your email program.

It could be that the sheer number of recipients is setting off some spam filter in those email providers, but it most certainly has nothing to do with the Directory itself.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”