mailing address

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
DianaKathleenClark1

mailing address

Post by DianaKathleenClark1 »

Our mailing address is different from our physical address: we do not get mail at our physical address (no mail box). How can I add a mailing address?
Gary_Miller

Re: mailing address

Post by Gary_Miller »

In MLS I want your physical address to be your primary address. I want the HT/VTs to find you more than I want to mail you something.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

DianaKathleenClark1 wrote:Our mailing address is different from our physical address: we do not get mail at our physical address (no mail box). How can I add a mailing address?
Your ward clerk can add a separate mailing address. It won't be used for most ward lists, but it would be used when printing mailing labels.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

DianaKathleenClark1 wrote:Our mailing address is different from our physical address: we do not get mail at our physical address (no mail box). How can I add a mailing address?
The Directory currently only displays the physical address for a residence. It does not have the capability to display both the physical and mailing addresses, if different. This will require an update release. This capability has already been requested. It is most likely in the queue for some future release. When this update will be included is unknown because the Church normally does not announce release dates or what will be included in a release.

The online tools in Leader and Clerk Resources does include the mailing address, the same as is available in MLS and a member's membership record.

Any attempts to manipulate MLS to display the mailing address in the online Directory is not recommended as there are negative consequences that have repercussions in other systems and records.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”