Inconsistent data on callings between Mobile & Desktop

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
iangclark

Inconsistent data on callings between Mobile & Desktop

Post by iangclark »

Some callings appear differently on lds.org web version and mobile app. In my case with mac ios. Is this a known issue? Eg. Within ward mission callings on my desktop there are 3 categories showing of WML,full time missionaries serving from unit and those serving within. On mobile app it only shows One category which is Ward missionaries but different names to desktop version. I have just done a sync with mobile device to make sure i have the latest data.
genman

Re: Inconsistent data on callings between Mobile & Desktop

Post by genman »

iangclark wrote:Some callings appear differently on lds.org web version and mobile app....Is this a known issue?
There have been reported issues with callings being out of sync between LDS.org, CDOL, and MLS. This sounds like yet another example of it. It wasn't clear why there was a difference between LDS.org and CDOL, since both of those should be coming from the CDOL database directly. In any case, the advertized workaround to these callings out-of-sync issues is for the ward clerk to go through the process of Correcting Duplicate or Missing Callings via MLS on the clerks office computer.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

genman wrote:There have been reported issues with callings being out of sync between LDS.org, CDOL, and MLS. This sounds like yet another example of it. It wasn't clear why there was a difference between LDS.org and CDOL, since both of those should be coming from the CDOL database directly.
If anyone has examples of callings that our out of sync between CDOL and either LDS.org/directory or Clerk Resources I would like to know the details so that we can fix the problem. I understand how there can be differences with any of these sites and MLS, but among the sites the callings should be the same.
kennova

Post by kennova »

I have an example I'm looking at right now.. Of course I've made changes in MLS to attempt to correct it, but it's wrong as of this writing. I have a woman showing on lds.org and the mobile app as 1st counselor, but MLS has someone else.

In addition the RS president was on the website, but missing in MLS and I just added it in MLS. Now it shows up as a duplicate on lds.org and mobile.

Are you looking for an example like that to actually check the data, or did you want something else?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

kennova wrote:Are you looking for an example like that to actually check the data, or did you want something else?
Actually Ryan is asking for examples where CDOL is out of sync with what is showing in the Directory on lds.org or in the Clerks Resources section of lds.org.

He's aware of how differences between MLS and CDOL/lds.org can happen and he's been working on resolving the bugs that cause that. But there shouldn't be any differences between CDOL and lds.org. If there are really differences then that is something completely new. Given the architecture it's difficult to understand how that could happen.
kennova

Post by kennova »

I see.. bummer..

I have a different issue, I'll find a post that talks about MLS and CDOL being out of sync.
genman

Post by genman »

kennova wrote:I'll find a post that talks about MLS and CDOL being out of sync.
Here is a post documenting the problem of orphaned callings at CDOL and how to duplicate it. It is a known bug. There is also a documented current workaround for Correcting Duplicate or Missing Callings.
kennova

Post by kennova »

Yeah this is what I found after going to look a bit yesterday. Thanks for the help, I'll be going through this, this week.
santillanji

Post by santillanji »

kennova wrote:In addition the RS president was on the website, but missing in MLS and I just added it in MLS. Now it shows up as a duplicate on lds.org and mobile.
I'm having the exact same problem and can't figure out how to fix it. Please advise... Thx.
kennova

Post by kennova »

I'll be following the steps on the wiki page for Duplicate or Missing Callings.. I would suggest you do the same thing.
genman wrote: Here is a post documenting the problem of orphaned callings at CDOL and how to duplicate it. It is a known bug. There is also a documented current workaround for Correcting Duplicate or Missing Callings.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”