Cannot add photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
idahobates

Cannot add photos

Post by idahobates »

I was just called as the ward website administrator. I watched as the clerk gave me the rights to do what I need to do. Then when I log into LDS.org I do not have an option to upload photos. There are really no options. What can I do to solve this problem so I can do my calling?

Thanks Anyone and everyone.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot add photos

Post by russellhltn »

When you go into the Profile on a ward member, you don't have an "Edit" option on the profile?

You may need to check with the ward clerk to make sure that he set you up with a Standard Position, and not a Custom Position. And then it may take a day or so after he does the send/receive before you get your permissions to add photos.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jennifertaylor

Post by jennifertaylor »

I was also called as a ward website administrator. I watched the clerk set up my calling (standard, not custom--right from the list). When I look up Leadership callings in the ward directory on LDS.org, I see that I am listed as the ward website administrator so I know the calling "processed." Yet I do not have any of the options I'm supposed to have to upload photos on behalf of the ward members. When I view my own household, I see the View/Edit buttons along the top, above the information and photos that are displayed. It sounds like the exact same situation that the other user posted. I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jennifertaylor wrote:When I look up Leadership callings in the ward directory on LDS.org, I see that I am listed as the ward website administrator so I know the calling "processed."
Is your position listed under Ward Leaders > Technology in the online directory? If not, then the position is either a custom position or it is not listed in CDOL as a standard position.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jennifertaylor

Post by jennifertaylor »

Yes. My calling is listed under Ward Leaders > Technology. (Still nothing today, but I know if there's something that needs to be done in Salt Lake, no one is working today.)
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

We have a similar problem in our stake. A sister, who is the ward website administrator, does not have the ability to manage photos for the ward. We verified wit the clerk that her calling is correct and standard. Please advise.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There seems to be a bug where new callings do not update the rights for the LDS Account. Nothing you can do for now. Stay tuned.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

russellhltn wrote:There seems to be a bug where new callings do not update the rights for the LDS Account. Nothing you can do for now. Stay tuned.
Do you know if this has been reported to LDS Support (developers), or should I report this to the Clerk Support line?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

smconvey wrote:
russellhltn wrote:There seems to be a bug where new callings do not update the rights for the LDS Account. Nothing you can do for now. Stay tuned.
Do you know if this has been reported to LDS Support (developers), or should I report this to the Clerk Support line?
It's a developer who is providing the helpful information on this bug. See this post. So no further reporting is needed.
jennifertaylor

Post by jennifertaylor »

jennifertaylor wrote:Yes. My calling is listed under Ward Leaders > Technology. (Still nothing today, but I know if there's something that needs to be done in Salt Lake, no one is working today.)
Just wanted to note that my problem has been resolved. I was able to upload photos no problem today.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”