Local Unit Directory does not display the ward name for a household

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
basharon

Local Unit Directory does not display the ward name for a household

Post by basharon »

As the Stake Indexing Director I use the "old" stake/ward directory to determine the name of the ward an individual is in when they register for indexing. I send them an email welcoming the new registrant to indexing and also cc the Ward Indexing Administrator using the ward name from the directory. The new Local Unit Directory does not include the ward name of an household. At least, I cannot determine how to find the ward name if it is there.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This feature has been discussed in other threads. In this thread there are some work-arounds discussed. In this post a church employee stated the ability to search for a stake member and see what ward they are in is coming in a future release of the Directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This feature is coming. See the thread Stake Information - Directory Search?.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
basharon

Ward name with member listing

Post by basharon »

There have been several messages going back quite some time regarding the need for the ward name to appear with the individual member information but no action has been taken. I use the directory almost every week and need to know what ward a member is in. Please, someone, make this a priority and get someone involved who can make the change needed. The 'old' directory had the ward name. As far as using the map is concerned, our wards here in Utah county are close together and it's difficult to tell from them what ward a person is in.
tomjoht

Re: Ward name with member listing

Post by tomjoht »

basharon, Thanks for the feedback. This feature has been coded into the 3.0 release. When you're viewing the stake and search for a member, the member's ward appears under their name. 3.0 will be released soon. [For reference, LUD-1402 is the JIRA item associated with this request.]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Ward name with member listing

Post by aebrown »

basharon wrote:There have been several messages going back quite some time regarding the need for the ward name to appear with the individual member information
[Moderator note: Please don't start a new topic for an existing issue (particularly when you personally already started a topic). I've merged your new topic with the existing topic. That helps keep the discussion in one place. Thanks!]

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”