How long after callings are changed in MLS do they appear in lds.org

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
prpeterson

How long after callings are changed in MLS do they appear in lds.org

Post by prpeterson »

I was recently sustained as Executive Secretary in our ward and the calling was updated in MLS on Sunday, but when I go to lds.org and sign in, it still shows the previous Executive Sec'y and I am unable to access any of the leadership tools and menus. How often are the callings synced up between MLS and the website?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

When the system is working as it should, callings appear in CDOL (and thus in the Directory on LDS.org) within a few minutes -- certainly less than an hour.

However, last week there were problems with CDOL processing requests from MLS, so it took longer (days instead of minutes) for callings to appear. That said, I haven't heard of such problems happening this week.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If the change is not in CDOL, you might want to check MLS to see that the position was put in as a standard position, not a custom position, and then toggle the setting apart check box and do another Send/Receive. On occasion, the information MLS sends does not get processed into CDOL, and this will resend it. Then give it another chance to work its way through the system.
jonejam2

Post by jonejam2 »

What if the position is not tagged as being set apart, will that prevent CDOL from being updated?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonejam2 wrote:What if the position is not tagged as being set apart, will that prevent CDOL from being updated?
No. CDOL should update whether or not the person has been set apart.
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

Toggling the Set Apart flag on Custom Callings in MLS is not triggering updates to CDOL.
On Tuesday evening 27-Nov Utah time, I changed the Set Apart flag on four custom callings (two in YW and two in Facilities) that had mysteriously dropped from the CDOL listing. I did a send/receive, and went into Bishopric meeting. Over an hour later, I changed the Set Apart flag on the four callings back to their correct values, changed the incumbents on some other STANDARD callings, and did another send/receive. As of Wednesday afternoon 28-Nov Utah time, CDOL is still not showing the CUSTOM callings, but the changes I made to the holders of the standard callings was updated on CDOL.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rontilby wrote:Toggling the Set Apart flag on Custom Callings in MLS is not triggering updates to CDOL. ... I changed the Set Apart flag on four custom callings (two in YW and two in Facilities) that had mysteriously dropped from the CDOL listing. ... As of Wednesday afternoon 28-Nov Utah time, CDOL is still not showing the CUSTOM callings...
In CDOL, did you look in "Other Callings" for those missing positions?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rontilby wrote:Toggling the Set Apart flag on Custom Callings in MLS is not triggering updates to CDOL.

It appears that one of two things may be happening. First, the organization structure of both CDOL and MLS changed with MLS 3.5 and some of your custom positions may have moved to the Other Callings area of CDOL. (This is probably not your case, since you mentioned that the callings you are missing were in two organizations that still exist in the structure.)

So the other thing might be that there is a known bug relating to MLS populating CDOL, particularly with custom callings, and you may just have run into that bug. The developers are aware of it and are working to fix it in the next MLS update.

The standard callings interface between CDOL and MLS seems to be working, as you have discovered.
prpeterson

Post by prpeterson »

lajackson wrote:If the change is not in CDOL, you might want to check MLS to see that the position was put in as a standard position, not a custom position, and then toggle the setting apart check box and do another Send/Receive. On occasion, the information MLS sends does not get processed into CDOL, and this will resend it. Then give it another chance to work its way through the system.
I followed your advice, and last night (Wednesday) I went back into MLS. I deleted myself from the Executuve Secretary calling, then re-inserted my name and did a send/receive. After a couple of hours, I checked lds.org and I was indeed there, but now our ward is shown in both CDOL and lds.org as having 2 executive secretaries, both myself and my predecessor, even though MLS only shows one. How can we correct this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

prpeterson wrote:...now our ward is shown in both CDOL and lds.org as having 2 executive secretaries, both myself and my predecessor, even though MLS only shows one. How can we correct this?

Follow the instructions for Correcting duplicate or missing callings.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”