Mission Presidency Access

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wertdl wrote:Mission offices don't use MLS, so this solution won't work.

Is this true of all missions including the ones that function like a small Stake with Wards ( Mission with Branches )? Seems like they'd have to have something like MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Is this true of all missions including the ones that function like a small Stake with Wards ( Mission with Branches )? Seems like they'd have to have something like MLS.

MLS is designed for wards and stakes, which in the world of a mission translate into branches and districts. So the mission office does not have MLS. But each member district would use MLS almost as a stake would.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

gcarpent wrote:The counselors in the mission presidency are in CDOL as described in the second response, but are still not able to access the branch directories. Is there a link that has to be activated or some other step we can do?
It takes about 24-48 hours for everything to sync from CDOL to the other online resources.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

mevans wrote:wertdl said they needed to be added "as a counselor/exec. sec./clerk for you to gain this access." Looking at the situation, I'm uncertain what this means. I would think that since the mission president and counselors appear as a "parent" to the other organizations that they would have access to all member records. However, wertdl mentioned callings that you would see in a ward or branch, not a mission. Does that mean you have to specifically add the president and counselors to each district/branch? I'm not certain, but maybe you could try adding them as a clerk in a branch or district and see if that gives access. I'd just try one counselor in one branch or district and see if it works before going to the trouble of doing more.
I was referring to callings specific to a mission in CDOL, not ward/branch callings. Each mission has a president, two counselors, an executive secretary (optional), a clerk (optional), and mission office staff (financial secretary, referral secretary, vehicle coordinator, and mission president's secretary).

The mission does not have to add each mission president/counselor to the child organizations. Because of the parent/child relationship, the mission presidency can see all membership information for the districts/branches that are listed under the mission. I hope that answers your question.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”