Household photo not being shown on ward directory print out

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
adoga

Post by adoga »

For anyone that wants to save a directory with pictures, do this in Chrome (probably works in IE or firefox too). The catch is it only saves what you see on the screen and not all the nice details the print button normally does.

1) Open the directory you want to print, with the pictures showing.
2) Press CTRL+S to save the COMPLETE WEBPAGE. Choose a location and press "OK". This will save an html file and the images to a folder of your choosing on your PC.
3) Open the HTML file saved (Default name is "Local Unit Directory")
4) Place your cursor at the top of the list of members and drag to the bottom of the list so that all the names, photos, and contact information are highlighted. For example, from "Relief Society" (or from the left of the first person's name) all the way to the right of the photo of the last person's name.
5) CTRL+C to Copy (or right click on the highlighted portion and choose "copy"
6) Open a new Microsoft Word document and paste by pressing "CTRL+V". All the contact info from the screen INCLUDING PICTURES should be in the word document now.
7) You now have a directory that will do for now until 3.0 comes out.

NOTE: Do not skip step #2 or else when you go to paste the pictures, they will not be there.

I hope this helps someone.
emerycpa

can't print photos with Ward Directory

Post by emerycpa »

What do I need to do to print the photo's with the directory.
send answer to emerycpa@juno.com. It is urgent that I get
this done this week by December 7th, today!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

emerycpa wrote:What do I need to do to print the photo's with the directory.
send answer to emerycpa@juno.com. It is urgent that I get
this done this week by December 7th, today!!
There's a possible workaround listed in this post, but there's no way the actual PDF generating and printing feature of the directory will be fixed today. No date for the fix has been announced. You can subscribe to this thread so that you will be notified when the problem is fixed, but otherwise you'll just have to exercise patience.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
larrykalef

Post by larrykalef »

Every member can access to lds.org and see the directory (they cannot edit) but they can see people in their ward. So, they can use the digital directory to get to know the faces of the members while we wait the 3.0 release.
dlpyro1957

Post by dlpyro1957 »

Is there a time line on this being fixed?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dlpyro1957 wrote:Is there a time line on this being fixed?
Yes there is. It is when Directory 3.0 is released. When the release will happen has not been announced.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
boydivey

Post by boydivey »

I don’t think we need an exact date when “version 3” will be available. It would be very helpful to have something that we can use. I worked in the software industry for 20 years. I understand not giving out dates. However, even something as general as “2-4 weeks”, “2 months” or even “Q2 of 2013” would be helpful.

I’m in a YSA ward in a residential area where we have close to 200 YSA’s and we get from 2-8 new members every week and 2-8 members moving out every week. Not having a photo directory is slowing down the work regarding helping members and filling assignments.

I understand fixes or updates breaking a feature and not enough time to regression test. My opinion is that this bug should be a “hotfix”.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

boydivey wrote: Not having a photo directory is slowing down the work regarding helping members and filling assignments.
That's interesting for over 175 years we have been able to help without a photo directory and now its slowing down because its not working properly!!!!!!!!
boydivey

Post by boydivey »

Yes! And maybe we should go back to typewriters and horses! ;-)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

boydivey wrote:I don’t think we need an exact date when “version 3” will be available. It would be very helpful to have something that we can use. I worked in the software industry for 20 years. I understand not giving out dates. However, even something as general as “2-4 weeks”, “2 months” or even “Q2 of 2013” would be helpful.
And in all the time I've been a clerk, the church rarely gives any such timelines. And when they have, (except in the case of "next week") they've regretting it as they missed it and got everyone asking "when".

Bottom line: Unlike private enterprise, we're not the customer. The Priesthood Dept is the customer. We get what we get, when we get it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”