Household photo not being shown on ward directory print out

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rlbendorf, please see post # 26. The fix for this in Directory version 3.0 has not been released yet.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sja47

Post by sja47 »

HELP!!!! Not able to print a directory with pictures. I have called into Church Headquarters and talked to the Web people. They do not give an answer just say to submit comment. I have submitted comment and get no reply. Could someone PLEASE just tell us if this problem is being worked on and when it is expected to be fixed?
sja47

Post by sja47 »

Estimated date of release? PLEASE
sja47

Post by sja47 »

It was working in September. I printed in directories for a number of people in our family and in the Ward
sja47

Post by sja47 »

Bad answer. It was working, now it is not. I can be patient if information is provided to let us know a possible fix date. In todays world things just dont go from working to not working and then stay that way for a long time. If we are no longer going to be able to get pictures just say so.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

sja47 wrote:Bad answer. It was working, now it is not. I can be patient if information is provided to let us know a possible fix date.
As you can see in post #26 it has been fix and will be available on the release of the next version of the directory. Currently the Tech folks at Church Head Quarters are working hard to get the newest release of MLS out to the wards. In doing so there has been a few kinks, that has required them to shift some of their resources to in order to make sure the MLS stays up and working. When the MLS release is pushed to all the units in the world and working the way it needs to me they will be able to put the resources back to the directory and get it released as well. In the mean time everyone just needs to be patient.
sja47 wrote:In todays world things just dont go from working to not working and then stay that way for a long time.
This is not the corporate world where business is trying to make money. This is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" where a group of dedicated people are working hard trying to provide a good product on a limited budget. Things get done when they get done.
sja47 wrote:If we are no longer going to be able to get pictures just say so.
As stated the fix is done but will be in the next release which I would guess has more than the ability to print pictures. Be patient there are more important things needed than the ability to print pictures.
dnwcook

Directory Photos

Post by dnwcook »

Just wondering if we have a date yet when we will be able to start printing the photo's again with the ward directory?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The church typically does not give dates ahead of time. I'd assume that it won't be soon enough for what you need and go from there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
georgebills

gb

Post by georgebills »

We have a large turn over in the YSA wards and it it helpful to have the picture print so we can help our leaders put names with faces. Do you have any idea how long it will take before it is up amd running again?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

georgebills wrote:We have a large turn over in the YSA wards and it it helpful to have the picture print so we can help our leaders put names with faces. Do you have any idea how long it will take before it is up and running again?
[Moderator note: I moved this post into the main thread for this topic.]

The best answer we have at this point is in post #26. I know that doesn't specifically answer your question, but that's the best we have at this point. I would recommend that you subscribe to this thread so that you will be notified of updates to this thread. When the problem is fixed, there will certainly be a post to this thread announcing that fact.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”