Visibility Settings Won't Save

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jaynefontayne

Visibility Settings Won't Save

Post by jaynefontayne »

I've been trying to adjust my visibility settings for my Household and I can't get anything to save. I get no error. I've tried on both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. I just get a spinning icon.
jaynefontayne

Post by jaynefontayne »

I should also add that my husband, who is a non-member is listed first, under Head of Household. He's not a member, and does not have and LDS.org account. Will that make a difference?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Are you able to make any other changes such as to the phone number, email address or photo successfully? That said, we did find a bug with visibility settings for sisters with non-member husbands. We have that fixed in the next release of Directory. Perhaps this is what you're seeing.
QA Engineer
jaynefontayne

Post by jaynefontayne »

I can only make changes at my personal level, not the household level. So I can add a photo, but only to my name. Not the the household. How long before this next release goes out to fix the bug you mentioned? Or has it? I couldn't remember where this site was to come back and read your response! LOL (I blame being flaky on working nights.)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jaynefontayne wrote:I can only make changes at my personal level, not the household level.

What is your role in the household?
  • Head of household?
  • Spouse? If so, is the Head of Household a member or nonmember?
  • Other member of household? If so, are you over or under age 18?
I hope it doesn't sound like I'm asking you to reveal personal details, but those different scenarios can result in different permissions to make changes to the profile.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:What is your role in the household?

See post #2. She's the spouse of a non-member HoH. Post #3 acknowledges a known bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:See post #2. She's the spouse of a non-member HoH. Post #3 acknowledges a known bug.
Gotta work on that reading comprehension! :o Thanks for setting me straight.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Gotta work on that reading comprehension! :o Thanks for setting me straight.

No problem. Usually I'm the one doing that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jaynefontayne

Post by jaynefontayne »

I don't mean to pester, but do any of you have a time frame on this bug being fixed? I can't be the only one... but my RS Pres has asked me to change my visibility to the ward level, well stake level, but I won't do that since there is someone IN the stake that gives my info out to undesirables. Anyway, I would like for my visibility to be updatable. My husband is a non member Head of Household, so I don't even have an account we can log into to change this. Thanks for your attention! :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jaynefontayne wrote:I don't mean to pester, but do any of you have a time frame on this bug being fixed?
The church rarely gives time frames.
jaynefontayne wrote:but I won't do that since there is someone IN the stake that gives my info out to undesirables.

If you know who that is, I'd report them to the stake president.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”