Out of Unit Access to LDS Tools

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
clint45d

Out of Unit Access to LDS Tools

Post by clint45d »

I am in the Bishopric of an authorized LDS Single Adult Ward-I recently gained access to MLS as an Out of Unit Member as my home Stake is different from the Single Adult Ward sponsor Stake. How can I access MLS syncd to Ward Tool or Stake Central as I have only one Sign in for Tools/LDS.Org but have an authorized MLS Sign in for local Single Adult Ward
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

clint45d wrote:I am in the Bishopric of an authorized LDS Single Adult Ward-I recently gained access to MLS as an Out of Unit Member as my home Stake is different from the Single Adult Ward sponsor Stake. How can I access MLS syncd to Ward Tool or Stake Central as I have only one Sign in for Tools/LDS.Org but have an authorized MLS Sign in for local Single Adult Ward
It sounds like you're mixing up some different things here. First of all, the title of your post refers to "LDS Tools", which is the official mobile application created by the Church for accessing information on the members, callings, and calendars of your ward and stake. Yet you never refer to LDS Tools again, and instead refer to third-party mobile applications "Ward Tools" and "Stake Central" (both of which have been discontinued).

Second, LDS Tools doesn't sync directly with MLS. It syncs with the membership data on Church servers, the calling information on CDOL, and the calendar information available on other Church servers. MLS is one important source for much of that information, but certainly not all of it. In any case, it really makes no difference at all for any of your questions whether you have an authorized MLS sign in for any ward.

So with that background, my first question would be whether you have a correct Out of Unit membership record in your Single Adult ward (note that this might not be the same as MLS access), and that your position in the bishopric is entered in that ward's MLS using the correct standard calling. Then I would check on the Directory on LDS.org to see if you have access to both your home ward and the Single Adult ward. Make sure all that's in place before you even think about trying to get a mobile application to work properly.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

clint45d wrote:I am in the Bishopric of an authorized LDS Single Adult Ward-I recently gained access to MLS as an Out of Unit Member as my home Stake is different from the Single Adult Ward sponsor Stake. How can I access MLS syncd to Ward Tool or Stake Central as I have only one Sign in for Tools/LDS.Org but have an authorized MLS Sign in for local Single Adult Ward
It looks like your calling information was sent to CDOL this evening, so your rights on the LDS.org sites should show up Tuesday morning.
pskinner

YSA Ward Calendar

Post by pskinner »

I’m on the HC of an YSA Stake.
I have access to the YSA Stake calendar but not the YSA Ward Calendar. I see my name in the YSA Ward MLS. What do I need to do to be able to see their calendar?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

pskinner wrote:I’m on the HC of an YSA Stake.
I have access to the YSA Stake calendar but not the YSA Ward Calendar. I see my name in the YSA Ward MLS. What do I need to do to be able to see their calendar?

Most likely you need to have a standard calling recorded in the ward MLS.
robwayment

Re: Out of Unit Access to LDS Tools

Post by robwayment »

I am wondering if you can help me with a question we have. In our stake, the Rupert West stake, we have a Young Single Adult branch. The branch is considered part of our stake, but it is available for the young single adults in our stake AND the Rupert stake. The branch presidency is wondering if there is any way they can get access on LDS Tools to be able to see the members, leadership, etc that are in the Rupert stake.......whereas right now when they log in, they can only get access to this information from our stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out of Unit Access to LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

robwayment wrote:I am wondering if you can help me with a question we have. In our stake, the Rupert West stake, we have a Young Single Adult branch. The branch is considered part of our stake, but it is available for the young single adults in our stake AND the Rupert stake. The branch presidency is wondering if there is any way they can get access on LDS Tools to be able to see the members, leadership, etc that are in the Rupert stake.......whereas right now when they log in, they can only get access to this information from our stake.
The only way I know of is if that stake adds them in a out-of-unit leadership calling. I'm pretty sure it would have to be a standard position.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”