can the directory not be limited vertically?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sasgrw

can the directory not be limited vertically?

Post by sasgrw »

I have a 20" monitor that I use in portrait mode. I can view a lot of info vertically. However, the directory is limited to about 600 pixels in height. There's a lot of blue dead space below the directory that I'd love to see filled up.
lds2.jpg
(71.83 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
I used Firebug in Firefox and hacked up the CSS to make the directory taller. In screen.css there are three class:

Code: Select all

.scroller{height:592px;...}
.listcolumn{height:651px;...}
.details{height:597px;...}
All of them have a height style that prevents the directory from using the full space. I changed them to 1000px (because that was about the size of my monitor) and got a fuller directory.
lds3.jpg
(48.15 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
I'd rather not hack the CSS :-)

I'd like to submit feedback for this but the feedback page doesn't allow screenshots. I suppose I could just copy/paste the text from this thread to the feedback page and that would explain it sufficiently.

Does anyone else use a portrait monitor?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

One thing you can do with Firefox is to use an add on call GreaseMonkey. You can have it run a small bit of JavaScript for that page that changes the css every time you visit the page. It's not as nice as having the app fixed, but a decent workaround in the meantime.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Thanks for the suggestion. I've added an issue to our backlog to make this change to Directory.
QA Engineer
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

LisaAn wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I've added an issue to our backlog to make this change to Directory.

I don't suppose there's a public list of upcoming features/fixes? Even just a huge list of feature requests would be nice to see, whether or not they were being considered (although knowing ones that are seriously being considered would be helpful).
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Sorry, the church doesn't publicly announce what features are are going to be in future versions.
QA Engineer

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”