Are 'ward leaders' supposed to include class presidencies?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sasgrw

Are 'ward leaders' supposed to include class presidencies?

Post by sasgrw »

I don't recall seeing this before but maybe it's been there for a long time. If I look at YM or YW under 'ward leaders', it not only includes the adult leaders but also the class presidencies. Is that intentional?
yw3.jpg
(28.56 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
If I click on 'Email Young Women Leaders', it will send mail to the adult YW leaders *and* the youth presidencies.
Attachments
yw3.jpg
(31.49 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sasgrw wrote:I don't recall seeing this before but maybe it's been there for a long time. If I look at YM or YW under 'ward leaders', it not only includes the adult leaders but also the class presidencies. Is that intentional?

As I recall, it's been that way for a long time. I don't know for certain if it's intentional, but I think it's a good thing. The youth leaders are the class and quorum presidencies, who are supposed to be taking a leading role in how the youth programs are run. In the case of the deacons and teachers quorum presidents, they actually hold keys, which is more than any member of the YM presidency. So for most communications they should be included.

And in cases where someone wants to exclude them, the list of leaders goes into the email client, where it's easy enough to remove whichever email addresses should not receive a particular communication. That's a technique you already have to use when you want to send something to just the YM presidency, or just those involved with Beehives, etc.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It's likely a result of the position/organization restructuring we did in CDOL to prepare for MLS 3.5. One of the results of that is that the youth quorum/class presidency organizations are under the YM/YW organizations. You can't see the nesting yet, but Clerk Resources will show the hierarchy. The Directory could in the future, but I don't know if that is in their plans.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

JonesRK wrote:You can't see the nesting yet, but Clerk Resources will show the hierarchy.

Where will the hierarchy be in clerk/leader resources? In the menu itself? So when I hover over 'organization' then move the mouse to 'auxiliaries', will there be a youth leader subsection under ym? Just curious. I can certainly wait for the next release of clerk resources to find out.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sasgrw wrote:Where will the hierarchy be in clerk/leader resources? In the menu itself? So when I hover over 'organization' then move the mouse to 'auxiliaries', will there be a youth leader subsection under ym? Just curious. I can certainly wait for the next release of clerk resources to find out.
I believe it will be in the callings by organization and in the individual organization pages. For example young men will have young men presidency, scouting, deacons, teachers, priests. Primary will have all the classes.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”