Not all photos show up when printing

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
WWS36

Not all photos show up when printing

Postby WWS36 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:39 am

I am having 'drop-out' of Family Photos when I print.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
I am using Chrome.
Haven't tried it in I.E.:confused:

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:55 am

I remember at least one prior report like that in the Directory Member Pictures Disappearing thread. I don't know as that one ever got resolved. I don't know as anyone could pinpoint a pattern.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

LisaAn
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby LisaAn » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:19 am

Were all the photos approved? Sometimes, depending on your calling, you can see the photos but they haven't been approved so they don't show up on the printed ward list.
QA Engineer

WWS36

Postby WWS36 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:19 am

LisaAn wrote:Were all the photos approved? Sometimes, depending on your calling, you can see the photos but they haven't been approved so they don't show up on the printed ward list.

Yes they were approved by me as Ward Clerk & Stake Website Admin. I wonder if it has to do with re-sizing. They can only be 375 pixels tall> ??? Hmmm?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:26 am

WWS36 wrote: I wonder if it has to do with re-sizing. They can only be 375 pixels tall> ??? Hmmm?

The resizing happens automatically as the photos are uploaded. I see pictures all the time that started out bigger than 375 pixels, and they work fine. So I really doubt that the original size makes any difference.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

LisaAn
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby LisaAn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:57 am

With the next release of Directory we are changing to a different type of photo services that will be more reliable and help solve some of these problems. Please look for the release sometime in October. Thanks.
QA Engineer

Return to “Directory”