Ward Organizations - new subsections are now missing

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Hmm, sometimes my screenshots show up very tiny, like the first boy scouts shot above and sometimes they're normal size, like the beehive list. I didn't do anything different when capturing the screen. They're saved as PNG, which is a smaller filesize than JPG, so I'm not sure if that causes the problem. Here's the same boy scouts shot saved as JPG so I can test whether it will display normal size or not.
cdol.jpg
(36.04 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Most of the previous posts on this thread with screenshots show them at full resolution and they're JPG files.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

sasgrw wrote:Hmm, sometimes my screenshots show up very tiny, like the first boy scouts shot above and sometimes they're normal size, like the beehive list. I didn't do anything different when capturing the screen. They're saved as PNG, which is a smaller filesize than JPG, so I'm not sure if that causes the problem. Here's the same boy scouts shot saved as JPG so I can test whether it will display normal size or not.

Yup, the JPGshows full resolution whereas the PNGdoes not.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sasgrw wrote:I didn't see Boy Scouts mentioned in any of the previous postings or see it in anyone's screenshots. I assume that's a valid category? Boy Scouts shows up in our CDOL.
The list I gave was the top level categories. Boy Scouts is the old MLS 3.4.3 organization. It should be Scouting and be under Young Mens.
sasgrw wrote: Also, we have two Beehive classes (20 girls) and so have two presidencies. They all appear in CDOL correctly
but the second beehive class presidency shows up as a separate 'young women' category in the directory.
That is because the directory only shows the top level categories.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

sasgrw wrote:Also, we have two Beehive classes (20 girls) and so have two presidencies. They all appear in CDOL correctly but the second beehive class presidency shows up as a separate 'young women' category in the directory.
JonesRK wrote:That is because the directory only shows the top level categories.

Sorry for being dense but I don't see how having two YW categories is related to top level categories. Shouldn't there only be one YW category?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sasgrw wrote:Sorry for being dense but I don't see how having two YW categories is related to top level categories. Shouldn't there only be one YW category?
Currently the directory uses the top level category and the category instance to determine what to display. Originally that worked great because we didn't have the concept of nested categories. Now they see Young Women instance 1 for the all the adult leaders and the youth presidencies of the first class. And they see Young Women instance 2 for the second Beehive class. It is because the instance number is coming from the actual category and the name is coming from the top level category. As some point they will need to update how they display the categories.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

We've done a code review on Directory for this issue and believe that Directory is displaying and will display these changes in CDOL and MLS correctly (reference 1496).
QA Engineer

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”