Membership directory access online and in LDS Tools for multiple stakes

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
MorrisVE

Membership directory access online and in LDS Tools for multiple stakes

Post by MorrisVE »

I am a coordinator in the Seminaries and Institutes of Religion Dept. and have as a part of my assignment responsibility over several stakes. As it stands right now my lds access recognizes gives me access to my home stake and ward as far as directories. It would be amazing to have it also recognize those other stakes that I have responsibility over so I can access their membership/leadership directories. It would save so much time in constantly trying to obtain that information. What would need to be done in order for that to happen???
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Currently, out of unit leaders have access to their home unit as well as the unit in which they have an out of unit calling. If you had a stake calling in each of those stakes then you could be added as an out of unit leader.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Most likely you'd have to get the Priesthood Department or Presiding Bishopric to place that on their "wish list" for development. The church has limited development resources so the action items are prioritized.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Currently, out of unit leaders have access to their home unit as well as the unit in which they have an out of unit calling. If you had a stake calling in each of those stakes then you could be added as an out of unit leader.

Does the system support multiple out of unit callings?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:Does the system support multiple out of unit callings?
Haven't heard anyone do it or try it, so I don't know.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Directory does support displaying multiple units including stakes. There will be two drop downs in the upper left corner. The first one will let you choose the stake. The second drop down allows you to choose the ward or branch. The process is to get each one of those stakes to add you as an Out of Unit person with a calling. Your household won't show up on the household lists for any unit except your home ward but you will show up in the callings list of each unit. That will give you access to other units leadership information.
QA Engineer
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

LisaAn wrote:Directory does support displaying multiple units including stakes. There will be two drop downs in the upper left corner. The first one will let you choose the stake. The second drop down allows you to choose the ward or branch. The process is to get each one of those stakes to add you as an Out of Unit person with a calling. Your household won't show up on the household lists for any unit except your home ward but you will show up in the callings list of each unit. That will give you access to other units leadership information.
Are there restrictions on what kind of calling will provide this access? Will any calling do or does it have to be a standard calling or is it restricted to certain leadership callings? This question has come up before but I've never seen a definite answer either from developers or from anyone who has gotten this to work for anyone other than leadership callings.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

eblood66 wrote:Are there restrictions on what kind of calling will provide this access? Will any calling do or does it have to be a standard calling or is it restricted to certain leadership callings? This question has come up before but I've never seen a definite answer either from developers or from anyone who has gotten this to work for anyone other than leadership callings.
I don't know the details, but it will at least have to be a standard position.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Any calling that is a standard position will work. Get your unit clerk to go into MLS and add you there.
QA Engineer

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”