Email Broadcast

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
zaneclark

Email Broadcast

Post by zaneclark »

I just sent an email to the entire stake, using Classic. The new Directory does not have a stake email broadcast function and even in the ward directory, I cannot send an email to the entire ward but instead have to send it to separate organizations. I am not a programmer, just an end user, but if the older Classic will still work for this, it seems they should be able to use the same codes to make this work in Directory... Oh yes, I sent the stake email using my iPad.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I just sent an email to the entire stake, using Classic. The new Directory does not have a stake email broadcast function and even in the ward directory, I cannot send an email to the entire ward but instead have to send it to separate organizations.
Sort of true, but since one of the "organizations" in the ward Directory is "All adults", for most practical purposes you do have a ward broadcast.
zaneclark wrote:I am not a programmer, just an end user, but if the older Classic will still work for this, it seems they should be able to use the same codes to make this work in Directory...
I am a programmer (but I don't work on LDS.org), and that really doesn't make any sense. The new directory is an entirely new application, written with a totally new code base. The old code won't work with the new application.

Besides, the new tools on LDS.org do have the ability to send a message to the entire stake. It's on the Send a Message feature under Leader Tools on LDS.org. That capability is available only to a small set of people (as far as I know, just the stake president and stake clerk), but it is available. Just because the Church made a decision to restrict access to that feature doesn't mean we should imply that the capability doesn't exist.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

What is your calling? I am stake clerk and I have sent several stake-wide emails through the new directory. It has plenty of room for improvement, but it works.

Edit: After reading Bro. Brown's message, I remembered that I used Send a Message, not directory. My mistake.
nathan.gardiner

Post by nathan.gardiner »

aebrown wrote: That capability is available only to a small set of people (as far as I know, just the stake president and stake clerk), but it is available.

Stake Executive Secretaries also have the ability to send out messages to the entire Stake through the send message feature in Leader Tools.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”