Is it possible to look up the name of a bishop in another stake? If so, how?

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jjensen648

Is it possible to look up the name of a bishop in another stake? If so, how?

Postby jjensen648 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:58 am

I would like to contact my child's bishop, but he lives in another state, let alone another stake. Can I look up his name in the Directory?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:36 pm

jjensen648 wrote:I would like to contact my child's bishop, but he lives in another state, let alone another stake. Can I look up his name in the Directory?

No, in the Directory you can only see your own stake. But there are a couple of options:

• Using the Maps application (maps.lds.org, or Sign In > Maps on LDS.org), you can find the assigned ward for the address where your child lives. Clicking on the name of that ward will pop up an information box; the Leadership button in that popup will give you a last name and phone number for the bishop.
  • Your bishop, ward clerk, or executive secretary might be willing to use CDOL to look up the bishop of that ward, if they consider your reason to be a valid use of information in CDOL.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Directory”