LDS.org Directory No Shows

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
HansenDA

LDS.org Directory No Shows

Post by HansenDA »

Have several ward members that do not show up in our YSA Ward online directory. Have been on the phone with tech support. Tried refreshing data at CHQ and MLS with no success. LDS Account "visibility" does not appear to be the problem because they do not have an LDS Account... and there are many members that appear in the directory that do not have an LDS Account. Like to get this working. Not quite ready to go to a stanalone directory system since this is so much easier...but needs to be reliable! Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hansenda wrote:LDS Account "visibility" does not appear to be the problem because they do not have an LDS Account.
You still need someone in a leadership capacity to check their privacy settings in the directory. The lack of a LDS Account means they couldn't have done the changes themselves, but a leader in their old ward could have (I assume the settings stick during a move.). There have also been some reports of privacy settings occurring on their own.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I moved this thread to the Directory forum as the Beta Directory forum is not yet officially open for comments. Thanks.
QA Engineer
HansenDA

Post by HansenDA »

RussellHltn wrote:You still need someone in a leadership capacity to check their privacy settings in the directory. The lack of a LDS Account means they couldn't have done the changes themselves, but a leader in their old ward could have (I assume the settings stick during a move.). There have also been some reports of privacy settings occurring on their own.

How do we check the privacy settings? I am the ward clerk, can I change them and where? I can see them in the "Ward Organizations" portion of the ward directory (under Elders and Relief Society).. so there is hope they could appear under "Households"...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hansenda wrote:How do we check the privacy settings?

View the household, and then click "edit" in the middle top of the right hand column. You'll then see "visibility" settings for various bits of information.

You can always do this with your own household (assuming you are one of the parents). As a ward clerk, you should be able to do this with any household in your ward.

There are 3 possible settings: Stake (everyone in the stake), Ward(ward only), and Private - Leadership only.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”