Webmaster unable to upload family photo but can upload individuals' photos

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
SDorrough

Webmaster unable to upload family photo but can upload individuals' photos

Post by SDorrough »

As the ward webmaster with administrative rights, I can upload photos of individual ward members from my iPhone but cannot do this for their family photo. Why is this?

I then uploaded the family photo for a family in my ward under my login on my computer and that upload was successful; however, I cannot assign it to the family.

We have many members - especially the older and wiser ones - that struggle with computer technology. My bishop wants every ward member and family to have their photo on our online directory. However, with this current limitation, it will make my job VERY difficult.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

sdorrough wrote:As the ward webmaster with administrative rights, I can upload photos of individual ward members from my iPhone but cannot do this for their family photo. Why is this?
Could you be more specific as to what steps you take to upload? Also, what happens, or what error do you get, when the upload fails?
sdorrough wrote:I then uploaded the family photo for a family in my ward under my login on my computer and that upload was successful; however, I cannot assign it to the family.
What specifically happens to prevent you from assigning the photo? Can you type in the name in the name text box or scroll through the list of names? Usually I begin by typing the last name until the household as well as the individuals of the household appear and then I select the household name for a family photo or an individual name for an individual photo. Is the household name in the form "[surname], [HoH preferred first name] and [spouse preferred first name] - (Household)" displayed as a selection?

Note that photo uploads are not currently possible using Firefox. There is also a bug for IE8 that does not display the "Upload Guidelines" popup contents (text or the continue and cancel buttons). I have to us Chrome to upload photos.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”