Filtered Household & Individual Photos Displaying Before Approval

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
harrismatt

Filtered Household & Individual Photos Displaying Before Approval

Post by harrismatt »

It appears that when a member uploads a photo it requires approval before being displayed in the Photos area from the menu on the left (as it should), but individual photos (and perhaps household photos) do not require approval before being displayed on the right once a specific household is selected in the filter. This concerns me in the off-chance that someone uploads an inappropriate photo without approval. Can anyone else verify this?

Perhaps it is just a case where a member uploaded the exact same approved photo a second time, which then shows up in the New Photos section for Ward Leaders to approve again. However, given the number of instances I saw from different families, I don't think that is what happened in my case, but would like verification to make sure I'm not just having a 'duh' moment.

Follow up: I just tried one more test...I verified a photo was not in the Manage photos area (assuming that means it has previously been approved), but was in the New Photos area waiting for approval. I had my wife log in and she could not see the photo when she selected Photos and scrolled down to the family, but she could see the unapproved photo when she selected Households, then clicked that family. Bug?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

harrismatt wrote:Follow up: I just tried one more test...I verified a photo was not in the Manage photos area (assuming that means it has previously been approved), but was in the New Photos area waiting for approval. I had my wife Sign in and she could not see the photo when she selected Photos and scrolled down to the family, but she could see the unapproved photo when she selected Households, then clicked that family. Bug?
Any photo submitted by anyone not an administrator requires approval by an administrator before being viewable by anyone not an administrator. When an administrator submits a photo it is automatically approved. Only an administrator can view a photo before it is approved. In addition the privacy setting will determine what group (stake, ward, or private - leadership only) can view an approved photo. Any variance from this pattern is a bug.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”