Temporarily not available

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
peterscookson

Temporarily not available

Post by peterscookson »

For the past two weeks, whenver I try to log on to my branch or stake directory, I receive the following message: Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later."

Is the directory indeed down or is there something about my computer that prevents the directory from being accessed?

I hope you can answer this question because I consult the directory frequently.

Sincerely,

Peter Stuart Cookson
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

peterscookson wrote:Is the directory indeed down or is there something about my computer that prevents the directory from being accessed?

The Directory is certainly not down; I have accessed it many times in the last two weeks, and I've never been told that data is not available. So the problem is either with your account, your ward or stake, or your computer/browser. For that message, I would doubt that it is a problem with your computer or browser. But you can try some troubleshooting to narrow it down:
  • If you have access to a different computer, try to sign in and view the Directory.
  • Have someone else in your ward try to sign in on your computer.
  • Check if someone else in your ward can view the Directory on their computer.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
caj36

Post by caj36 »

I'm experiencing the same problem, but only when I go to the directory, then organizations, then Relief Society. The following error occurs: "Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later." I've attempted logging in with different browsers (Chrome, Firefox) with the same result. I've had other members Sign in from other computers with their own Sign in, and we have the same error. Anyone having similar trouble? Suggestions for resolving?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

caj36 wrote:I'm experiencing the same problem, but only when I go to the directory, then organizations, then Relief Society. The following error occurs: "Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later." I've attempted logging in with different browsers (Chrome, Firefox) with the same result. I've had other members Sign in from other computers with their own Sign in, and we have the same error. Anyone having similar trouble? Suggestions for resolving?
No trouble with my ward's directory when viewing RS on 5/26/12. Sometimes these things work themselves out in a day or two....
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If it's not a short-duration problem, it's likely a problem in the data somewhere. If it acts up for Relief Society, then there's something odd about one of the sister's records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”