Another "Show on Map" issue

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Another "Show on Map" issue

Postby jdlessley » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:01 pm

System: Win XP SP3, Firefox 10.0.2

When the "Show on Map" link is clicked the pop-up is displayed but the map does not render. There is a red balloon location marker in the middle but no further display information in the map area.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

jeanniewood

Postby jeanniewood » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:29 pm

If you zoom out it will show that it is a location off the coast of Africa for me. I am located in Arizona, USA.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:37 pm

jeanniewood wrote:If you zoom out it will show that it is a location off the coast of Africa for me. I am located in Arizona, USA.
That is where it is mapping. I was wondering why there was a blue background. Of course the ocean is mapped as blue. :rolleyes: I didn't know my location was due south of Ghana and due west of Equatorial Guinea. :rolleyes:
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

mohhess

Postby mohhess » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:44 pm

yep, same here. Off the coast of Africa.

RossEvans

Postby RossEvans » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:27 pm

As has been mentioned in another thread, the obvious bug is that the map popup is defaulting to a latitude,longitude coordinate of 0,0. That point is where the equator crosses the prime meridian due south of Greenwich. Which is off the coast of West Africa.

jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby jdcr256 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:46 am

The link to open the map window is not being built correctly. This is fixed and will be deployed with our next release.

Thanks for the reports.

Return to “Directory”