Wrong Ward and Stake showing up after login

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
knightmare

Post by knightmare »

I have the same issue. It just started today, as far as I know.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

knightmare wrote:I have the same issue. It just started today, as far as I know.
marshabusk wrote:I pulled up my ward directory today and was in an entirely different ward, stake, and city. How do I get back to my ward and stake info? I have not changed any of my sign-on information. I tried re-entering the name and password and it comes up with the same incorrect ward.
See this post for the explanation.

[Moderator note: I moved these two posts from the LDS Account forum section to the Directory section, since this issue only pertains to the Directory.]
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
wendyhickman

Post by wendyhickman »

wendyhickman wrote:Same problem. Today when I logged in, the directory showed a completely different ward and stake than my own. My own name is not listed in the incorrect stake's directory. [The calendar information shows my correct stake. LDS Tools also shows my correct stake for both the directory and the calendar.]

I regularly use this directory and have never had this problem. We have lived in the same location for 10+ years.

I think you might have a bug.

Fixed. Thank you!
bwerickson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bwerickson »

jdcr256 wrote:The team that manages our network switched to a new dns/caching solution and it is causing some problems. They are working feverishly, and should have it cleaned up shortly.

All, Thanks for your patience with our General Conference preparations. We work very hard to accommodate the incredibly large increase in traffic that we have for General Conference. We were making changes to our worldwide network infrastructure. This caused some people's directory pages to be cached in different regions. We have rolled back the changes that caused the issue and we are working on retesting our solution shortly.

I will do my best to post on here when these changes are made so that you can test and make sure there are no issues.
Application Systems Engineer in Member and Leader portfolio over LDS.org
bwerickson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bwerickson »

We are going to be making some changes to our world wide infrastructure. This is to address some of these aforementioned problems. We believe we have addressed these problems, but if you see issues please let us know here
Application Systems Engineer in Member and Leader portfolio over LDS.org
marjolein42

Re: Wrong Ward and Stake showing up after login

Post by marjolein42 »

When I go to tools, I no longer see my ward. I am in the 1st ward in the Jordan Oaks West Jordan Utah Stake, but the 2nd ward members are the ones that come up when I go to tools. I can no longer access our ward members on the Church website and we no longer have printed booklets. How do I straighten this out?
marjolein42

Post by marjolein42 »

I completely closed out tools and then started it up again. I now have the correct ward.
ktoyn

Post by ktoyn »

I have recently been called to serve as bishop of a YSA ward. Moving my memberships there was quiet a feat. Now I have 2 problems. 1 I would like to continue to receive the ward emails from my home ward but am not. Also, one of my counselors is getting emails from the wrong ward. I don’t know how to fix this problem . I have tried to go the the HELP menu in LCR but all I get is a bunch of blinks (like it is re-directing me) then a message that logout was successful. I don’t know where else to go and this is the closest forum I could find.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ktoyn wrote:I have recently been called to serve as bishop of a YSA ward. Moving my memberships there was quiet a feat
Your membership should stay in your home ward. An out-of-unit record would be created to allow you to hold a position in the YSA ward.

That dual membership is what you're looking for.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

See the Help Center article Out-of-Unit Members and Callings for further information in serving in a calling in another unit.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”