Eporting household info from other wards in the stake.

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
itrain

Eporting household info from other wards in the stake.

Post by itrain »

I can not afford a smart phone or wifi device that I can use to universally access other wards in my stake's directory. I am old school. While it is appreciative being able to print off a pdf of the other wards in my stake, it is a greater inconvenience not being able to export other wards in the stake so I can use them in my electronic directory application. Why was the ability to export other wards in the stake electronically disabled and when is it going to be put back? I appreciate privacy concerns but it seems rather moot when a pdf can be exported, which is not sufficient for my needs. Suggestions?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

itrain wrote:Why was the ability to export other wards in the stake electronically disabled and when is it going to be put back?
The transition from the classic directory to the new directory has not yet implemented that capability. It wasn't disabled but rather is a capability that has not yet been programmed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:The transition from the classic directory to the new directory has not yet implemented that capability. It wasn't disabled but rather is a capability that has not yet been programmed.
I doubt that is true. Stake presidency members and stake clerks can export information from any ward in the stake. So that seems to make it pretty clear that a conscious decision was made to allow only certain people to export information from any ward other than their own. That takes more programming, not less, so it was a choice, not something that has not yet been implemented.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”